Sunday, September 2, 2012

Is writing notes something of the future?



    Many of you have probably have heard of the note taking app Evernote.  If you haven't, Evernote is an application that allows you to take notes and sync those notes on your mobile device, computer, and on the internet. Evernote's versatility, ease of use, and multitude of tools are what have made the app become so popular.  Because the application has so many different uses and such high potential, people are always finding different ways to utilize this utility.  So that's Evernote's overview in a nutshell.  Now on to how they most recently become even more innovative.

    Let me introduce you to the new "Evernote Smart Notebook by Moleskine".
Their latest note taking utility merges the past and present together to create something truly unique.  This notebook allows users to take notes as they normally would in a notebook, but then allows them to photograph their notes, uploading them and indexing them to the user's Evernote account.  This tool is the solution for those who retain information better when they write their notes, but want to have those notes accessible on the computer.  Be forewarned, the mobile application to take the photo is only on iOS (iPhone).
Some of the "Evernote Smart Notebook" include:

  • Ruled or Squared paper
  • Pocket or Large Sized books
  • SmartStickers which interacted with the application when photographed
  • A free three-month subscription to Evernote Premium



3 comments:

  1. Is Evernote the first of its kind? Do you work for Evernote? What on earth are smart stickers? Where did you get this information? (If you haven't noticed I'm not a tech oriented person.) Do you reccomend Evernote? So does it work off of a cloud system then or a home network? If you could answer these question I would be appreciative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -Evernote is not the first of its kind. I know Apple has developed the ability to sync Notes from your iPhone to your Mac or to your iPad via iCloud (Apple's cloud/sync service). I'm sure there are other applications and services. I believe Microsoft has a service also. Not to get too techy, you can also sync it with any mail client, but its more complicated.

      -"When you apply a sticker to a page and take a photo, Evernote recognizes the sticker and instantly associates a tag with the note or places it into a notebook that you specify in your Settings. The Smart Stickers come with some pre-defined tags, but you can customize them to be whatever you want."

      -I got this info from Evernote's Blog Post, the link is the very last post in my own post. "click here to read Evernote's Blog post about their new notebook."

      -I reccomend Evernote whole heartedly, it's a very powerful and useful tool.

      -It is a cloud based system, it does not work off a home network. So as long as your device is connect to the internet (wifi), it will sync to the cloud (online).

      I hope that answers all your questions. Let me know if you have anymore!

      Delete
  2. I use the app Evernote. I find it quite useful because I am able to take notes and record lectures. The notebook version seems quite functional. It would keep me much more organized because I take notes both on my computer and in a notebook. Unfortunately, I don't own an iPhone, so I would be unable to use this app. Now is this product worth the price? I can see that this would a useful note taking tool, however, I would like to see consumer reviews of this product.

    ReplyDelete